Friday, April 22, 2011

Mastery vs. Versitility

So what is better... to do a few things perfectly or  a lot of things fairly well. I have many different interests but I am master of none. I enjoy learning about new topics, and trying new skills, experimenting with others ideas. I prefer to be somewhat of a Renaissance gal than have my PhD in one area. I am so glad everyone is different.  I am also thankful there are many single minded folks who have a passion for one area of expertise.
I like the Ben Franklin's and Da Vincis but I also admire the George Washington Carvers and Marie Curies.

I don't have allusions that I am anything like these amazing people but I purpose to make my corner of the world a little brighter.

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see.  ~John Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment